What is the Happy Home Project?
The happy home project is our community outreach program designed to directly changes the lives of those suffering from disabilities. It’s our mission to give everyone a fresh start and the opportunity to live life, by creating a healing, organized environment in their home.
How It Works
Do you know someone who is drowning in clutter?
There are two ways to enter to receive a happy home makeover –video or written submission. We’re looking for people who desperately need help organizing their home lives. This outreach program is completely volunteer based and those selected will receive a life changing happy home makeover from the Seattle organizing experts, their community & sponsors.
October: Breast Cancer Awareness
For the month of October, the Seattle Organizing Experts will be donating $10 from every organizing session sold to the happy home project. Join the movement and make a difference. Dream of having an organized home, now is the time to organize your life, so that we can save our community from the chaos of clutter.
I met lisa in may 2011 shortly after her husband had passed away from Cystic Fibrosis and was in desperate need of organizing help. A few short months after his passing, Lisa was diagnosed with stage 4-breast cancer. At the time she said, “You saved my life during chemo, I could never have done this on my own. I felt so guilty for being disorganized.” To Read More About Lisa’s & Kammie’s story >>>>>
Little did she know how profoundly her life would changed mine forever. -Kammie Lisenby
Want To Volunteer for A Happy Home Project?
What You’ll Give: You can either donate your time by helping our team organize or you can become a sponsor. Sponsors may provided donations to the Happy Home Project.
What You’ll Receive: You’ll receive an exclusive Happy Home Project volenteer T-Shirt, media attention and change lives in your immediate community. This is an experience you’ll remember for the rest of your life…
Simply CLICK HERE to fill out our Happy Home Project Volenteer Form and will update you on our next project.
How To: Nominate Yourself or A Friend For A Happy Home Makeover
Upload your video to YouTube with “I want a Happy Home! Seattle Organizing Experts.com” as the video title, and drop your video link in the comments below.
Video entry: Create a video under 2 minutes and share the following:
- Your full name, what city you live in, why do you want a happy home?
- The current life challenge keeping you from conquering the clutter?
- How will your life be different if The Seattle Organizing Experts de-clutter your home?
Not a tech-e video person?
Write your story in the comments below to submit a written entry. 500 words or less.
Share the Love for some bonus points!
Do you want extra credit points that could boost your chances of winning? Spread the word about The Happy Home Project on Facebook and Twitter.
You can use one of the following messages (or write something of your own):
- I’m for a Happy Home Makeover @ClutterExperts http://bit.ly/HappyHomeEntry #ClutterExpertsSeattle
- Checkout my video and help me win a Happy Home Makeover http://bit.ly/HappyHomeEntry #ClutterExpertsSeattle
- I’m so excited, I dream of an organized home…http://bit.ly/HappyHomeEntry #ClutterExpertsSeattle
You can submit up to three social media shout-outs per day. All tweets must have the #ClutterExpertsSeattle “hashtag”, plus a link to this post.
Other Official Details:
1. The entry deadline is November 16th , 2012 at 12pm PST / 3pm EST. The winner will be announced a few days later.
2. No purchase is necessary.
3. Entries will be assessed based on creativity, authenticity of story, need and passion. If your video entry exceeds 2 minutes or your text entry exceeds 500 words. – You’ll quickly loose the interest of your viewers and it will affect your chances to win.
The Seattle Organizing Experts Team will evaluate, and our decisions are final.
We can’t wait to see your videos and read your comments!